TCADP aims to establish a small group of individuals who will work in the next session of the Texas legislature (January – May 2013) to educate members of the legislature and their staffs about the death penalty in Texas and TCADP legislative actions. Approximately ten (10) individuals will be selected to participate in this program.
Expectations of Participants:
- Attend an approximate half-day-long training session in Austin in the fall of 2012, with the specific date to be determined based upon individual schedules.
- Commit to meetings in the Capitol approximately one day each week (during regular business hours) during the legislative session. Specific days will be determined during the legislative session. The most important period during the legislative session will probably be during the months of January through April.
- Provide detailed information to TCADP on the results of meetings and discussions with legislators and their staffs and recommended action steps.
- Provide the appropriate education / training for participants in this program.
- Identify the specific legislators and assist in scheduling meetings with them and/or their staffs.
- Provide the necessary information and material for individuals to conduct visits.
- Accompany participants during initial visits to help introduce them to the process.
- Reimburse participants for mileage and parking fees. Alternatively, individuals may claim these expenses as in-kind donations and consider them as deductions on Federal Income Tax returns.
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply for participation in this program by completing the application below. You can also download the form and mail completed applications to the address below. The deadline for applications is September 14, 2012. Please direct questions about this program to TCADP Board President Bob Van Steenburg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Mail applications to:Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty ATTN: Bob Van Steenburg 2709 S. Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78704