The TCADP Lobby Corps is a dedicated group of volunteers who work with staff and board members to advance our legislative agenda and build relationships with elected officials. Established in 2012, the Lobby Corps consists of members from across the state who bring unique backgrounds and perspectives to the death penalty issue. They meet regularly with legislative offices and educate elected officials about the death penalty. They also build relationships with lawmakers and share information about death penalty developments in between legislative sessions.
TCADP is now recruiting our next class of Lobby Corps members; we seek to add 8-10 people to our ranks. Applications are due by October 28, 2022.
To apply, complete the online form below. Zoom interviews will be conducted in the first half of November with select candidates and an in-person training is set tentatively for December 1, 2022.
For more information about the Lobby Corps program, please contact TCADP Executive Director Kristin Cuellar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCADP Lobby Corps Online Application
TCADP’s Commitment to Lobby Corps Members:
- Provide training and resources for Lobby Corps members.
- Assign specific legislators to be contacted and assist in scheduling meetings with those offices.
- Provide information and materials to enable participants to conduct quality visits with legislative offices.
- Accompany participants during initial visits (as requested).
- Reimburse participants for mileage and parking fees as relevant. (Alternatively, individuals may claim these expenses as in-kind donations and consider them as deductions on Federal Income Tax returns.)