Tuesday, February 9, 2016
CONTACT: Kristin Houlé, TCADP Executive Director
512-441-1808 (office); 512-552-5948 (cell); email@example.com
TCADP 2016 Conference to Address Changing Death Penalty Landscape
Annual gathering will host Nebraska Senator Colby Coash, State Senator Sylvia Garcia, and other prominent guests
(Austin, Texas) — Advocates and supporters from across Texas will gather on Saturday, February 20, 2016 at Unity of Houston for the 18th Annual Conference of the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty (TCADP). This event, At the Epicenter of the Death Penalty, will feature workshops, a keynote address, and a panel discussion about the shifting death penalty landscape in Texas and Harris County. Panelists include:
- State Senator Sylvia Garcia, who represents Senate District 6 in Houston
- Stephen Klineberg, Professor of Sociology at Rice University and the founder of the Kinder Institute for Urban Research
- Professor Rob Smith, a Senior Fellow at the Charles Hamilton Houston Institute for Race and Justice at Harvard Law School and Visiting Scholar at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law
Nebraska Senator Colby Coash will be the keynote speaker. Senator Coash played a critical role in the abolition of the death penalty in Nebraska in 2015, using his position as a conservative leader to convince his colleagues that the death penalty did not represent conservative values or the best interests of Nebraskans.
During the conference, TCADP will honor the following Houstonians:
- State Representative Alma Allen (District 131)
- KPFT 90.1 FM, Houston Pacifica Radio
- Houston Chronicle Metro Columnist Lisa Falkenberg
- Dominican Sisters of Houston
WHAT: TCADP 2016 Annual Conference – “At the Epicenter of the Death Penalty”
WHEN: Saturday, February 20, 2016, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM; the keynote address and awards ceremony will take place from 12:30 to 2:15 PM
WHERE: Unity of Houston, 2929 Unity Drive, Houston, Texas 77057
For more information or to arrange an interview with Senator Coash, please contact TCADP Executive Director Kristin Houlé at firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-441-1808 (office), or 512-552-5948 (cell).
More information is available at https://tcadp.org/what-we-do/annual-conference/.